Vision, Mission and Beliefs
A Learning Community
Inspired to Explore - Empowered to Innovate
The mission of the Mechanicsburg Area School District is to develop:
- resilient, self-directed learners able to achieve personal goals;
- critical and creative thinkers capable of transferring knowledge to new situations;
- collaborative team players with effective communication skills; and
- productive, responsible citizens in a diverse and ever-changing global society.
- a safe and supportive learning environment for all students is essential.
- the education system should include opportunities to promote social and emotional wellness.
- the educational process should nurture student development toward self-discipline, self-motivation, and self-direction.
- students must learn to work collaboratively and independently, as well as be competitive when appropriate.
- education must be relevant to students' future college and career goals and provide students with tools for lifelong learning and global citizenship.
- access to information and applications through technology is an essential component of student learning and preparation for life.
- assessment should be a purposeful, varied and aligned system which provides constructive feedback to students, teachers, and parents.
- students need opportunities to learn and use the processes for acquiring, applying and transferring knowledge and skills.
- all students can succeed when appropriate and differentiated instructional practices and supports are provided.
- responsibility for education is shared by students, parents, teachers, administrators and the community.