MASD-CAOLA Cyber School Program Overview
What is the MASD-CAOLA Cyber Program?
The MASD-CAOLA Cyber program is a partnership with Capital Area Intermediate Unit’s CAOLA program. MASD-CAOLA offers families the benefit of remaining a Mechanicsburg Area School District (MASD) Wildcat, while completing their education in a cyber setting.
Some key benefits of MASD-CAOLA over other cyber school options include
- Stay enrolled in Mechanicsburg Area School District - This option allows you to remain a Wildcat and even continue towards earning a Mechanicsburg Area School District diploma. You can also continue to participate in most district sponsored events, clubs and sports.
- Exceptional MASD K-12 Certified Teachers- Students in the MASD-CAOLA program receive direct support and personalized instruction from certified teachers. Our teachers provide extra support through virtual homerooms, office hours, direct one-on-one sessions, and virtual study halls. Most of our core content courses are facilitated by MASD teachers.
- Flexible schedule - MASD-CAOLA takes an overall asynchronous approach, letting students complete work at their own pace, on their own schedule. This gives students and families the freedom and flexibility to work when it suits them best. Synchronous support and engagement opportunities also exist in the program. Some synchronous activities may be required as we know learning is supported through social interactions.
- Materials provided to full-time MASD-CAOLA students - You will be loaned a laptop computer with all of the necessary software as well as supporting devices as needed.
Below are opportunities for you to learn more about the MASD-CAOLA program
- Click here to learn more about our K-5 program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-1CPLJBnsA
- Click here to learn more about our 6-12 program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVf2xIsw5LM
- Click here to learn more from a parent perspective https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVqJBrIsHNrJEKKZedhkfFpt3R2pzHoK/view?usp=sharing
For more information about the program
Contact Kristen Gross, MASD-CAOLA Distance Learning Coordinator
How do I enroll in MASD-CAOLA?
If your child is a current Mechanicsburg Area School District student, please contact the school counselor of your child’s school.
If you are new to or are transferring to Mechanicsburg Area School District, please contact the District Registrar, Angie Weber at email@example.com or 717-691-3431