MASD Free Meals
MASD Free Meals 2020-2021 School Year
The Mechanicsburg Area School District has been approved to provide FREE meals for ALL children ages 18 and under during the 20/21 school year. All meals are free regardless of income.
In Person Learners
- Students attending school in person can receive Breakfast, Lunch and Take-Home Meals
- Take Homemeals are available for the school days students do not attend in person. Please discuss this option with your student. Please have your student follow the instructions from their teacher/principal to request take home meals for the days they are learning remotely.
- A la carte items are available for purchase with account funds.
Full Time Remote students and OTHER CHILDREN within the community
Parents/Guardians of students learning full-time remotely or children within the community who are not receiving free meals at school may click the link below to request free Curbside Pick Up Meals. The sign-up link is applicable to all children age 18 and under, including younger children who are not yet enrolled.
How do I Order?
All meals must be ordered in advance through this link. http://bit.ly/Curbside_Pick_Up_Meal_Orders
- Ordering includes breakfast meals and lunch meal kits for the week
- A separate entry is necessary for each child ordering.
- Orders must be placed before 10AM Tuesday each week to be available for pick up on Wednesday that same week.
- New orders through this same link for the next week begin after 12 noon on Thursdays.
- A new order must be placed each week for pickup through this same link.
- You will be asked in the link to enter a four-digit code of your choosing. This code will be needed from you when you pick up your meals.
Where do I pick up the meals?
- Pick up between 10:00 – 11:00AM at the ramp/canopy along the backside of the high school located at 500 S Broad Street.
- Enter the high school campus by the tennis courts off of Williams Grove Road and follow the one-way lane behind the high school.
- When you pull up to the ramp please be prepared to provide the student name(s) and four-digit code you entered into the order form.
- After receiving your meals, you will depart the campus onto George Street.
Why should you take part in the free school meal program?
- USDA covers the cost of the meals for ALL STUDENTS. You are not taking meals away from someone who might need it more.
- We need your help to ensure we can sustain our program
- Every meal that is served helps your local food service program financially. This keeps food service staff employed which positively impact the economy
- Free school meals help extend families food budgets and save time on meal preparation
- Meals are safe, nutritious and delicious!
* Each child is eligible for the equivalent of one free breakfast/lunch per day.
Questions about Food Service? Please contact:
Karin Marlin - Food Service Director. 717-691-4523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org