Summer Adventure Camp
May 25 for campers with last names beginning A-L & May 26 for campers with last names beginning M-Z, drop in sometimes between 6:00-7:30 pm at Trails & Trees Environmental Center. All campers are expected to attend; campers will meet the staff and will take their picture for camp pool cards, receive camp t-shirts and additional camp information. Please park at the middle school.
Summer Adventure Camp 2021: A Letter to Parents and Campers
Dear Parents and Campers,
We want to extend a warm welcome back! We certainly missed you last summer as we all navigated the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
We are writing this letter with excitement because we are in the preparation phase for Summer Adventure Camp 2021! Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time, as it has taken additional time and resources to plan and prepare to safely bring back campers. The COVID-19 pandemic is an ever evolving situation. The Mechanicsburg Area Parks and Recreation Department and Summer Adventure Camp continue to follow recommendations from the CDC, PA Department of Health, and MASD health and safety plan.
We have seen significant, positive, changes since last year, but there are still restrictions currently in place. With that being said, we wanted to highlight some of the changes you will see with Summer Adventure Camp 2021:
- Masks will be required at all times, with the exception of snack/lunch and while actively swimming in the pool
- Social distancing measures are in place
- We will be utilizing the Wildcat Activity Center, behind the high school, as base camp for Explorers and Quest. Pathfinders and Trailblazers will meet at Memorial Park (more information at camper orientation night)
- Limited number of campers per camp
- Field trips are not guaranteed. At this time, traveling outside of the Mechanicsburg area poses a risk for increased community spread. We will do what we can to bring the fun to camp!
- Each camp will swim 2x/week at different times to help limit the number of people at the pool (weekly schedules will be provided at camper orientation)
- Daily health monitoring will be mandatory prior to arriving at camp each morning. The health monitoring tool can be found on the school district website at mbgsd.org
- In the event of potential exposures and positive cases, contact tracing will occur and the identified campers will be required to quarantine following the MASD health and safety plan
- A refund will be administered to those campers required to quarantine for the days missed
We are continually monitoring the situation and will be updating and communicating our policies and procedures as new information becomes available.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Stay safe! Stay healthy!
Mechanicsburg Area Parks and Recreation Staff
If you plan on sending your camper(s) to SAC this coming summer please read through and complete the registration packet.
Completed packets can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 717.691.0519, mailed to 1731 S. York Street Mechanicsburg PA 17055, or dropped off in-person at the office between 8:00a-4:00p Monday-Friday.
*Rec Time Programs - ONLY
We are pleased to offer additional summer Rec programs during Summer Adventure Camp hours!
You can register your child for an additional program while they are attending SAC and we will transport your camper to and from that program! Rec Time programs must be paid at the time of registration, no payment plans are permitted. On the registration form, to the right of the calendar, enter the program you wish to register your child. The program should be entered on the corresponding week it is occurring. If you choose to register Rec Time programs via registration form, please include program(s) costs with the deposit. If you choose to register online, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, for transportation purposes and SAC price modification! If you are unsure if a program is considered a Rec Time Program, please call us at