What are Google Apps??
- Google Apps for Education (GAE) is an ad-free version of Google’s application package.
- GAE allows the District to provide students and teachers with a menu of web-based applications that will allow them to create, share, and publish work within a controlled environment.
- These tools will be available to our students at any time, from any Internet-accessible computer. This means students can start a project at school and then continue working at home, as long as they have an Internet connection.
- Google Apps will work on virtually all computer platforms as well as tablet computers.
- Students can work together on group projects, even when they aren’t in the classroom together. Teachers can provide feedback to students while the work is still in progress, rather than printing multiple drafts or waiting to see the final product.
- Documents created in GAE can be downloaded in several formats, eliminating the problem of software compatibility.
- The District is able to customize the features of GAE, allowing access only to those applications the teachers and administration feel are necessary and appropriate for that group of students.
All MASD secondary students will be provided with a District-created GAE account that will enable them to access the applications and their saved work. Also provided will be a Google email account (secondary only) managed by the MASD Technology Staff. No personal information about any student was shared with Google in the creation of these accounts. Students received instruction and acceptable use guidelines prior to receiving their account access information. While the district can manage Google user accounts, they cannot be continuously monitored for inappropriate use. Confirmed violations or abuses of the tools are subject to the District’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Accessing Google Apps:
Username: districtID@masdstudent.org (example: [email protected])
Password: same as your MASD account one