In the spring 2006, the Mechanicsburg Area School District PTOs and Parent Advisory Committee members began Operation Wildcat to pool the resources of the community to help local students and families in need. District administration has provided a storage site for Operation Wildcat at Mechanicsburg Middle School. With the support of the school board, district administration and staff, Operation Wildcat is working to help to pool the MASD community resources to help local families in need on an on-going basis.
If you would like to get involved in, have items to donate to or have questions about Operation Wildcat, please contact Leslie Collins, any of the project coordinators or email us at email@example.com.
There’s no better time than now to get more involved in OW. We have several open positions that need leadership and help.
Project Clothes is looking for a co-chair to help during the daytime, weeknights and/or weekends. You pick the time(s) that suit you! If interested, please contact Melissa Herbein firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennies for Pies is looking for a co-chair to help collecting the coins from the schools. If interested, please contact Caitlin Eng email@example.com
Yard Sale is looking for help in the following areas.
1) Help with selection/drop-off of decorative items to go to consignment stores. (Includes tracking sales and picking up items at the end of consignment). Bill Richie will continue to oversee/coordinate the consignment of furniture items.
1) Help coordinate/oversee clean-up days at the warehouse – be another ‘set of hands’ to assist volunteers with questions.
2) Help with phone calls/emails relating to yard sale donations. Help to coordinate days/times to meet people at the warehouse for donation drop-offs.
3) Pick up yard sale items at 2425 Clover Drive on a regular basis and take to warehouse for organizing/sorting.
4) Help at yard sale over the course of Wednesday evening to Saturday afternoon with questions from customers and volunteers. (Do not have to be there at all times).
5) Help with advertising to local media. Look for new outlets for free advertising.
6) Help with finding other non-profits to take leftovers after each sale.
If interested, please contact Maureen Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-773-1988.
OW wants to make it easy for you, your group to volunteer to help OW so we have put the dates and links to sign up on a OW Volunteer site:
If you need assistance from Operation Wildcat, please contact your child’s school counselor.