Guest Teacher Information
Mechanicsburg Area School District is pleased to announce an exciting new program where you may be able to qualify as a Guest Teacher in our school district. Guest Teachers serve as substitute teachers in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. There are opportunities across all grade levels.
Why Become a Guest Teacher
You will have a flexible schedule and the freedom to pick and choose the days that you want to work, and the buildings and classrooms where you want to work. Most importantly, you will be sharing in the education of our students.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who holds a Bachelor’s degree such as stay-at-home parents or recent college graduates!
To qualify as a Guest Teacher, participants must:
- hold at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- complete the district’s new hire paperwork packet
- apply for an Emergency Permit through the Pennsylvania Department of Education (this will be completed in the Human Resources Office)
- receive board approval
- complete the district’s Guest Teacher training.
- general information about the district
- lesson planning
- working with students
- working with students with special needs
- classroom management and professionalism
- the guest teacher “in-training” will visit a district classroom
- Print and complete the substitute teacher paperwork packet.
- Order an official transcript from the college where you obtained your Bachelor’s degree.
- After all paperwork is completed, contact Nicole Thurstin, Human Resources Coordinator @ 717-691-3332 or at email@example.com She will set up a time to meet with you, review your new hire paperwork and register you for the 2-day training.