Background Checks & Clearances
Below you will find directions for how to acquire your PA State Police Clearance, Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
MASD Volunteer Clearance Information
As you are aware, clearance requirements for school volunteers have changed due to the Child Protective Services law, which requires all school volunteers to renew their clearances (State Police, Child Abuse, and FBI) every 60 months.
Here are some helpful hints to assist you in this process.
PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK INSTRUCTIONS
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Website: https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Please select “New Record Check (Volunteers only)” when you enter the site and start the process. This process is no charge for volunteer purposes.
PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Child Abuse History Clearance Website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- You will first create an individual account and then login to complete your request. When completing this clearance application, please select “Volunteer” as the reason for the request. Once you select the volunteer option, select “Other” as the Volunteer Category and as the Agency Name you can enter Mechanicsburg Area School District. This process is no charge for volunteer purposes.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) BACKGROUND CHECK INSTRUCTIONS
- FBI Background Check Website: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- The cost for this clearance is $21.35. When completing this online application, please enter 1KG6Y3 as your Service Code. You will pre-register online and then pay (no cash or personal checks) once you get fingerprinted. You will choose the location that is most convenient to you when you pre-register. Bring your confirmation sheet and your form of identification that you choose during your pre-registration process.
Keep a copy of all three clearances for your personal records before forwarding the clearances to Human Resources.
Please do not wait until the last minute to fulfill this requirement.
We appreciate your prompt attention to this very important matter.